Wood Green Animal Shelter
Wood Green Animal Shelter re-homes unwanted and lost animals.
In November 2010 they ran a three month campaign to raise money & awareness for the Charity.
- To test a new method of fundraising
- To gain data collection and donations via SMS messaging
- To reinforce the images of the ‘Hungry Mouths Christmas Appeal’ through media that offers high levels of frequency
- To target high volumes of commuters in a captive environment in which they have time to respond to the creative message
Posters displayed at the shelters & and a banner on animals ‘kennel cards’
22 November - 20 December 2010
- 653 SMS donations (of £3) were received, with an impressive 276 of these in the first 11 days of the traincard campaign
- 19% of respondents converted to an annual donation plan, with an average gift of £73.45
- Traincards proved the most effective media channel used, with 88% of donations coming directly from traincards
- The projected income after 24 months is £11,835, giving the charity a ROI of 1.49
"We had great results from this campaign and think that it was a good new way for a charity to recruit supporters from a slightly different demographic grouping. This campaign has also been shortlisted for an Institute of Fundraising National Award (2011). ”