Explore case studies and other research on the effectiveness of Traincards
Case study: Dee Zaster on Monster Island
Traincards drove app downloads for 'Dee Zaster on Monster Island'.
- 72% of those who recalled the Traincard campaign said it made them more likely to play ‘Dee Zaster on Monster Island’
- 26% of those who recalled the Traincard campaign said they had downloaded the game.Read case study
Ten things that matter about Traincards
A tally of Traincard triumphs to highlight the value of the audience
and how and why the format influences them.
Case study: Investec
The Investec Traincard campaign drove consideration and prompted action for their 'Click and Invest' product.
- 60% of those who recall the Traincard campaign would consider using Investec Click & Invest vs 29% of those who didn’t recall it.
- 74% of those respondents who said they were going to do something, had done it within two weeks of seeing the campaign.Read case study
Traincards for supermarket advertisers
Traincards act as shopping list contributors, top-up reminders and last-minute inspirers.
- 62% of all commuters buy groceries online, on their commute, during the average week. (Source: CEBR 2015)
- 27% have bought groceries after getting off the train on their homeward bound journey. (Source: Dipsticks)Read case study
Case study: Intuit Quickbooks
The Intuit Quickbooks Traincard campaign struck a chord with sole traders and small business owners.
- 54% of respondents that were sole traders or small business owners recalled seeing the ad in situ
- 38% of all respondents who recalled the Traincard took some sort of positive action - compared to only 10% of those who didn'tRead case study
Rail Commuters Revealed
Shopping, snacking and streaming content now all commonplace as time-pressed tech-savvy commuters cram more activities than ever into the on-train environment.
- 88% of respondents used their smartphone on their journey on the day we conducted our research.
- 62% of our respondents had followed up on a Traincard ad in some way, whether that was speaking to someone, researching the product or actually making a purchase.Download information
Case study: Fox Home Entertainment
Traincards prompted the use of Fox Home Entertainment's download service.
- 76% of those who recalled the Traincard had done something as a result of seeing Fox Home Ents advertising.
- 38% of those who recalled the Traincard actually downloaded a show as a result of seeing Fox Home Ents advertising.Read case study
Traincards for travel advertisers
Traincards provide inspiration for holiday planning to a highly-connected audience.
- 66% of regular commuters have researched holidays or flights on their connected device while travelling by train.
- Rail travellers are 46% more likely to take eight or more trips abroad every year.
Merry Christmas (planning)
Christmas has come early
…but how early is early when it comes to planning and buying for that jolly day in December?
We wanted to find out exactly when the affluent but very busy rail travelling audience starts planning their Christmas – from the pantos to the presents - so advertisers with a festive message can target them with their Christmas hat on.
Rail travellers’ present purchasing pattern builds gradually until November, when their Christmas spending spirit well and truly kicks in. Well-timed Traincards featuring gift ideas in the run-up to, and during, their prime purchase period will tap into this trend.
And the icing on the Christmas cake is that thanks to the rail audience’s high levels of connectivity and willingness to shop online, Traincards can also prompt immediate purchase… and give Santa a much-deserved break!
Merry Christmas (planning) from all of us at KBH On-Train MediaRead information
Introducing the commuting consumer
Introducing the commuting consumer - outlining the new shopper archetype
Busy lives mean that to keep things simple they prioritise when and where they buy, and tend to snap up products and services on impulse. Despite this, quality and ethical considerations are high on their shopping agenda. Understanding exactly what makes them tick will mean tailored messaging that they simply can’t ignore.Download information
Case study: Meridian Nut Butters
Traincards increased brand awareness for Meridian.
- 56% of those who recalled the Meridian Traincard in situ said they understood the product to be packed full of protein - compared to 26% who didn't recall.
- 51% of those re-contacted two weeks later had actually bought a Meridian product.Read case study
Case Study: City Index
Traincards made consumers more aware of what City Index offered.
- 61% of respondents understood City Index to be a trading platform for spread betting.
- 24% of those who recalled seeing the Traincard in situ said they researched or visited City Index online.Read case study
Case study: Babybel
Traincards drove positive action for both Babybel and Comic Relief in their joint campaign.
- 61% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ said they had bought a Babybel product as a result of seeing the advertising.
- 81% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ said they had donated or planned to donate to Comic Relief as a result of seeing the advertising.Read case study
Case study: Capital One
Traincards encouraged a greater level of consideration for Capital One.
- 66% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ said they would consider the brand.
- Of those, 22% bought or used a service offered by Capital One.Read case study
Traincards for music advertisers
Traincards provide an audience in tune with music releases, in an environment perfect for listening.
- 64% of the Traincard audience download music.
- 47% of the Traincard audience listen to music previously downloaded while on the train.Read case study
Case study: Berocca
Traincards made consumers more likely to respond positively to the Berocca brand.
- Nearly three-quarters of those who saw the Traincard campaign agreed it made them more likely to consider using Berocca
- 86% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ and said it made them more likely to take action actually did soRead case study
Case study: uSwitch
Traincards sparked interest in uSwitch and the services they offer.
- 68% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ said they would consider using uSwitch.
- Of those, a quarter said they had actually used the brand when contacted two weeks later.Read case study
Case study: Sky
Traincards helped drive new acquisitions for Sky.
- 51% of respondents said they had seen the Sky Traincard in situ.
- 72% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ said the advertising made them more likely to consider using Sky.Read case study
Case study: Neilson Holidays
Traincards stimulated a positive brand perception of Neilson Holidays.
- 55% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ said it made them think the brand was 'fun', while 47% highlighted their 'variety of activities'.
- 71% of those who recalled the Traincard in situ said it made them more likely to consider using Neilson Holidays.Read case study
Case study: NS&I
Traincards drove consistent levels of action and intent for NS&I.
- More than 60% of those who recalled the Traincards in situ said it made them more likely to consider NS&I
- Almost a quarter of those who saw the advertising said they visited the NS&I websiteRead case study